Alabama Rural Ministry Accepting Applications for Summer Staff
Local non-profit organization seeks willing college students to serve with its summer ministry
Auburn, Ala., Nov. 26, 2007
* Alabama Rural Ministry (ARM) is seeking selfless, dedicated college students to join ARM's summer mission staff
* Desired positions include day camp staff, site directors, and construction coordinators. Detailed descriptions of all positions can be found on ARM's website, http://www.arm-al.org/
* Session dates are as follows: June session: May 25- June 28; July session: June 28- August 7; Full summer session: May 25- Aug. 7
* Applications are available on the ARM website, http://www.arm-al.org/. All applications must be postmarked by March 16, 2008
* Compensation is provided in the form of scholarships. A $1600 base scholarship is provided and includes a $20 per week stipend, housing, meals, and travel reimbursement. Staff may also increase their salary to $4000 through individual fundraising
* A mandatory training retreat for all staff is scheduled for May 13-24, 2007
"We are seeking young adult Christians with a heart to serve 'the least of these' and to work with youth groups coming to do home repair or work with our summer day camps."
"You'll experience diversity and love by joining a new community of peers, youth, families and children."
Alabama Rural Ministry currently serves over 25 families in the cities of Livingston, Tuskegee and Wilmer, Ala. Services include home repair and day camps for children. ARM is staffed predominately through volunteer teams from local universities, churches, schools and other organizations. Funding is provided through partnerships, monthly monetary commitments and sponsorships of individual families and children.
Technorati Tags: ministry | summer | camp | rural | Alabama
View blog reactions
Powered by Badged.net and Cavendo